Birth and Origin: -
• Dr. Mohamed Abdel Muttalib Minister of Water Resources and Irrigation was born on 31 May 1960 and has been Minister since July 2013.
• Dr. Mohamed Abdel Muttalib graduated from the Department of Civil Engineering in Ain Shams University in 1984. He joined the National Water Research Center of the Ministry of Water Resources and Irrigation. He received his master's and doctorate from the University of Colorado in the United States of America in 1989 and 1992.
The most important positions held by: -
• After returning from the United States of America, he worked at the Hydraulics Research Institute of the National Water Research Center and then as Director of the Technical Office of the President of the Center before becoming Director of the Strategic Research Unit at the same center.
• From 2002 to 2008, he was Director of the Water Resources Research Institute - National Water Research Center.
• From 2008 to 2011, he assumed the position of head of the planning sector in the Ministry of Water Resources and Irrigation, where he supervised all national projects in the ministry and provided technical and financial support to them, as well as providing technical and financial support for the implementation of the state plan to reclaim 3.4 million feddans.
• During the period from 2011 to 2012, he assumed the position of First Undersecretary of the Ministry of Water Resources and Irrigation and Deputy Minister. During this period, he supervised all international agreements (grants and loans) related to the financing of water projects in Egypt.
• During the period from 2012 to 2013, Dr. Mohamed Abdel Muttalib chaired the National Center for Water Research, where he supervised and managed several foreign grant projects and local programs at the National Water Research Center and the treaty and its units as well as representing Egypt in many international water committees and organizations, Workshops, seminars and local and international conferences, as well as teaching and teaching many lectures in the field of water resources inside and outside Egypt and arbitration and supervision of many of the master's and doctoral dissertations inside and outside Egypt.
• Prior to assuming the post of Minister, he was the President of the National Water Research Center.