Birth and Origin: -
• Born September 17, 1962.
• Graduated from Cairo University, Department of Civil Engineering in 1984.
• He received his master's degree from Utah University in the United States in 1989.
• Received his Ph.D. from the University of "North Carolina" in the United States of America in 1993.
The most important positions held by: -
• Worked at the Institute of Drainage Research of the National Water Research Center, where he contributed to the design of monitoring and evaluation networks for the performance of drainage and irrigation systems.
• Director of the Office of the Minister of Water Resources and Irrigation for Technology and Information during the period from 1999 to 2005.
• Held several positions at the African Development Bank from 2005 to 2011, the last of which was the Senior Water Resources Expert at the Bank.
• Served as head of the Nile water sector, which is responsible for managing the Nile water file externally with the basin countries for a short period during 2011.
• To assume the duties of the Ministry on 21 July 2011 until 1 August 2012.
• He became prime minister on August 1, 2012.