• Upgrading and enhancing the capabilities of the MWRI by adapting and developing new design, construction, repair, retrofit, and construction management techniques of water canal networks and structures to cope with the international innovations in civil engineering.
• Developing design criteria and safety guidelines of hydraulic structures.
• Evaluating new materials and testing methodologies for construction technologies.
• Proposing untraditional techniques (non-destructive and dynamic testing) for investigation and assessment of hydraulic structures.
• Assessing canal cross sections and bank stability problems.