Prof. Dr. Mohamed Mahmoud Abdel-Motaleb:
• Born on 31 May 1960.
• Graduated from the Civil Engineering Department - Ain Shams University in 1984.
• M.Sc. University of Colorado - United States of
America in 1989.
• Ph. D. University of Colorado - United States of America in 1992.
• Representing Egypt in many international water committees and organizations, Workshops, seminars and local and international conferences>
• Teaching many lectures in the field of water resources inside and outside Egypt.
• Supervision and Judgement of many Masters and Doctoral
Thesis inside and outside Egypt.
The most important positions: -
• He joined the National Water Research Center of the Ministry of Water Resources and Irrigation directly after graduation.
• worked for the Hydraulics Research Institute - National Water Research Center.
• Technical Office Director of the President of the National Water Research Center.
• Director of the Strategic Research Unit at the
National Water Research Center.
• Director of the Water Resources Research Institute - National Water Research Center (2002 – 2008).
• Head of the planning sector in the Ministry of Water Resources and Irrigation, (2008 – 2011), where he supervised all national projects in the ministry and provided technical and financial support to them, as well as providing technical and financial support for the implementation of the state plan to reclaim 3.4 million Feddan.
• First Undersecretary of the Ministry of Water Resources and Irrigation and Deputy Minister ( 2011 to 2012), he supervised all international agreements (grants and loans) related to the financing of water projects in Egypt.
• Chairman of the National Water Research Center, (2012-2013).
• Minister of Water Resources and Irrigation,
• Chairman of National Water Research Center, (2014-April 2018).