Prof. Mohammed Bahaa Eldin Ahmed:
• Born in Qalioubia Governorate on 26 July 1947.
• Graduated from Ain Shams University, Department of Civil Engineering in 1970.
• M. Sc. the University of Southampton - England - Faculty of Engineering and Applied Sciences in 1980.
• Ph. D., University of Southampton, England, Faculty of Engineering and Applied Sciences, 1986.
The most important positions: -
• Researcher Engineer - General Directorate of Water Studies, (1971-1975).
• Research Engineer, Hydraulics Research Institute, National Water Research Center, (1975-1981).
• Irrigation Projects Engineer - Germany, (1981-1982).
• Construction Engineer - Yemen from (1982 to 1983).
• Research Engineer, Hydraulics Research Institute, National Water Research Center, (1983-1986).
• Assistant Professor, Hydraulics Research Institute, National Water Research Center, (1986-1991).
• Deputy Director of Hydraulics Research Institute, National Water Research Center, (1991-1992).
• Secretary General of the National Water Research Center (NWRC) from (1992-1994).
• Director of the Hydraulics Research Institute, (1995-2001).
• Head of Planning Sector from (2001-2002), The sector is responsible for developing short-term plans for the development of water resources and their various uses and the preparation of mathematical models for the management of resources and water uses. The sector also sets priorities for the projects and programs to be implemented during the Ministry's plans in the field of water resources development.
• Head of Reservoirs and Grand Barracks Sector from (2002-2004), the sector responsible for the construction and maintenance of the major gantries and locks. During the presidency of the sovereignty of the sector, the construction of the new Nagaa Hammadi bridge and its hydropower station on the Nile River and the number of (2) navigational hooks of the first degree.
• Undersecretary of the Ministry of Water Resources and Irrigation, and the Head of the Irrigation Department (2004-2007).
• Emeritus professor at the National Water Research Center (2007-2012).
• Coordinator of the national plan project (2007-2012).
• Minister of Water Resources and Irrigation from ( 2012 – 2013).