Prof. Hesham Mohamed Kandil
• Born September 17, 1962.
• Graduated from Cairo University, Department of Civil Engineering in 1984.
• M. Sc. from Utah University in the United States in 1989.
• Ph.D. from the University of "North Carolina" in the United States of America in 1993.
The most important positions: -
• Worked for Drainage Research Institute - National Water Research Center, where he contributed to the design of monitoring and evaluation networks for the performance of drainage and irrigation systems.
• Minister Office Director for Technology and Information Ministry of Water Resources and Irrigation (1999 – 2005).
• Held several positions at the African Development Bank (2005 – 2011), the last of which was the Senior Water Resources Expert.
• Chairman of Nile Water Sector, which is responsible for managing the Nile water file externally with the basin countries for a short period during 2011.
• Minister of Water Resources and Irrigation (2011 - 2012).
• Egyptian Prime Minister ( 2012 - 2013).